Many of the people are getting confused about Ticks and Bed Bugs because of their similar looks. Here in this article, we will tell you about the difference between them and how you can quickly identify the bugs.
We see lots of people searching for the Difference Between Ticks And Bed Bugs, and most of them are about the identification of bed bugs. So here in this article, we are going to clear all your problems regarding the identification.
After reading this article, You can identify the bed bugs in any condition, and today, we will also answer the question: ‘does a bed bug look like a tick? So without any further delay, let’s get started…
Similarities between Ticks and Bed Bugs
- The adult bed bug is of almost 3/8 the of an inch. Color can vary on the environment, but it is from brownish red to clear yellow.
- If you view from the top, bed bugs are oval and flat. Most of the time, freshly fed bed bugs are found on robust, and freshly fed ticks are enlarged and engorged.
- Talking about the physical appearance, Bed Bugs and tricks are very similar to each other; both the insects are wingless, both have similar coloration and almost the same shape also.
- The only significant difference between them is their big; bed bugs have six legs, and ticks have eight legs, and another thing is bed bugs are significantly longer compared to ticks.
Read More: Ultimate Guide on Bed Bugs
Difference between Ticks and Bed Bugs
- Bed bugs are like insects, they have six legs, but ticks are like spiders. They have eight legs.
- Bed Bugs usually are in the dark location; they often indoors, But the ticks are located outdoors, especially in grassy or wooded areas.
- Ticks attach to one spot and hang on for some days until they are filled, But bed bugs feed serval location on your body at night.
- Bed bugs mainly feed the human blood, but while ticks feed primarily on animal blood, they also bite humans.
- Bed bugs are not harmful, they do not carry diseases, but they can take bacteria, But the ticks are very dangerous to health; they carry deadly diseases like Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lyme Disease.
Ticks and Bed bugs are very similar, but they have only a few similarities. Both of them are flat, wingless, bit people, and feed their blood. With the help of the above information, you can quickly identify without anyone’s help. If you need, Take the help of magnification glass.
How to identify bed bugs?
Identifying the bed bugs is not tricky but not so different; you can quickly recognize it with specific steps.
First, try to trap the bed bug from your house and place the trapped bug on the white paper to examine it properly.
It would help if you had a magnifying lens to view the bugs, But one.
Lots of times, many people get confused between bed bugs and bat bugs. Tricks are also looking similar, so use the proper magnification glass to identify it.
The physical difference is not the only way to identify the bugs; You can also identify them with their behavior.
Other bugs that look like bed bugs
Spider beetle looks very similar to the bed bugs in the physical appearance. They are in bloated and radish brown in color. This bug mainly feeds on goods that are in the household pantries. They only feed at night or in if their feed is in the dark locations.
Carpet Beetles are small in size as comer to bed bugs; they are round and brown. Distinct wings are also present in their body. Carpet Beetles are not harmful, even if they do not bite, but if you have an allergy, you can experience welts.
Bat Bugs and bed bugs are very similar in the look; You can not identify them with naked eyes; a microscope is needed to identify them. The significant difference between them is the longer fringe hairs located on the head.
Booklice are commonly found under the wallpaper and at the side of windows and sills of the window; Fungi, pollen, mold, and fragments of dead insects are the primary source of food.
Those are some bugs that look like bed bugs.
The key feature of identifying the bugs
- Both the bugs look similar in appearance; You need to observe them, then you may notice lots of differences in their body structure.
- Ticks and bed bugs are not only two bugs that look similar many other bugs look similar to bed bugs Like. Young German cockroaches are the main ones among these.
- One of the measurement differences is, Bed bugs have six legs, and tice has eight legs. You can quickly identify them by their lags.
- In reasonable condition, We usually notice the bed bugs indoors, on the bead, or in the carpet, but ticks prefer to stay outdoors.
- Bed bugs are not harmful to your health, They did not carry any diseases directly, But because of their problem, you will not get proper rest, causing anxiety and stress. Talking about the ticks, they carry lots of diseases like Lyme Disease and Rickettsia. Ticks are dangerous for health.
- Another difference is that the bed bugs do not live in one place when they are full of blood meal; they leave the host and go to another; bed bugs are always searching for a new host. But in terms of the ticks, nature is different. They show different types of nesting and feeding, and they also do not leave their host.
I hope this article on the Difference Between Ticks And Bed Bugs or How to identify them? It is helpful for you. If the article is useful for you in any manner, then kindly share it with your friends. If you have any problem, then kindly comment down below. Could you stay connected with us?
One Small Request
If you think this is helpful for someone any day around, please give it a share. Your share is significant to help it grow and a reward of my sincere efforts. You can comment below if you have any suggestions for the betterment of this blog.